Thursday, June 16, 2005

another year, another "wtf?"

I can barely even recall what I've been doing the past six months. Everything is such a blur. I think I had fun... (question mark?)

I got A's in everything except my trombone lessons, where I got a B+. Don't even ask, I'm too pissed off to discuss it riht now.

I visited my high school marching band, it was so surreal. Kids who were freshman when I was a senior are now seniors themselves. I feel so old. I'll be twenty in five days.

Being home this week has been incredibly hard. I love my parents so much, and I really want for us to have a nice time together, but it's so hard to not end up arguing by the end of dinner every night.

I feel like I should make some mention of a recently aquired friend from school. His name is Trent. I usually try to be as candid and honest as I can in my blogging, but I haven't made significant mention of him yet because I haven't known what to say.

Part of this is because at first I had a very nonchalant, "Oh God, not another one" attitude. And I know I've been quite open about my dating life on my blog. He is not in CCM, he lifts weights, works at Starbucks and has friends in fraternities. A far cry from my "type". But then, all my dates lately have been.

But I kept an open mind and was pleasantly surprised! It turns out he is a real intellectual, a quality I haven't enjoyed in a date in quite a while. I didn't even realize how much I missed it. I actually feel very at ease with him, too. And he doesn't seem to mind too much when I express my dislike for Starbucks or frat boys in pink shirts. And he's liberal. :D We had a blast in our many drunken exploits during hell week and finals week.

Too bad we started hanging out less than a month before my summer job in "The Mitten". Although it will provide an interesting opportunity: we have agreed to get drunk and write each other eloquent letters. I'll probably have to skip the getting-drunk part of that, as I will be supervising young girls, and I must set an upstanding example!

Some highlights of this week: DDR with KT, seeing Cam, (it's always so great to see both of them!) Also, getting my teeth scraped at 8 in the morning.

Tomorrow is packing and Saturday is the Indy Jazz Fest. For those of you who never gave me your address, I'll talk to you in September!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home