Friday, June 03, 2005

Jiggles Wiggles

Well, this hell-week has been especially hellish, which is why I haven't written since the grease-fire incident. Classes are over, there is so much to say, but so little.

I guess one of the highlights of the time I spent with Jiggs is that I may get to go to Germany to study with him after all. I would have to take spring quarter off next year. I'm getting started on the paperwork now. There's a chance it may fall through, but I'm going to try my darndest :)

Jiggs is amazing. His teaching style is similar to that of Dee Stewart, except that Jiggs plays jazz. While he emphasizes the importance of learning jazz harmony and how to play one's instrument well, he also emphasizes the spirit of the music. If someone played something unenthusiastically in a masterclass or rehearsal, he would stop them and lecture about how we should always respect the music, and how serving it should be our primary purpose.

I finished my jazz theory project. It wasn't as good as I had hoped.

Last night I learned to play go. A new hobby to love.

Today has been particularly nice. After German, I jammed on quinto and gonqogui with Noriko (we're in afro-cuban music lab together). Then stuffed my face at Apna. Then got tickets to go see Herbie Hancock next thursday.

Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home