Friday, June 10, 2005

Things I will miss about Clifton

Well, I'm getting ready to up and split town tomorrow morning. I have very mixed feelings about leaving. There are so many people I want to hang out with, and now I won't get another chance until I return in September. I have never left Clifton for this long since I moved here (I stuck around last summer).

There are some things I won't miss about Clifton, like the fact that I can't get any sleep in my apartment. Construction behind my building, thugs in the hallway outside my bedroom yelling at each other, my place is so small that when Rachel or Ilan so much as breathe, it's loud enough to wake me up. I also won't miss the traffic, the panhandlers and all the dirt. And sadly enough, I won't miss CCM. My conclusion is that I love music, and I want to play professionally, but I hate CCM. Solution? Stick it out for two more years and then get on with my life.

But here are some things I will miss this summer:

Ambar
Apna
Salsa dancing
Thai Express
Jimmy Johns
My friends!!!!
My roommate!!!!
Creepy-looking old victorian buildings
The Blue Wisp
The Esquire
Burnett Woods
The guy with the bicycle who sits in front of my apartment building, but never asks anyone for money.
Parties
Over-The-Rhine
Findlay Market
My volunteer job (I don't care how many kids I'm working with this summer, they won't be the students at Kids Cafe!)
Kim Pensyl
My apartment
The view from my window
The weird people who live around here

So I'll try to drop as many people as I can a line, but I am lacking in a lot of email addresses and street addresses. If anyone would like a postcard from beautiful Michigan, leave me your address on here, or on AIM, or send it to me by email: mehneraa@email.uc.edu

Also, my email will probably be the easiest way to reach me this summer, if 'ya feel like it ^.^

Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home