Monday, June 13, 2005

a little about my dad

so yeah, I've been home for a few days. Same old gorging on random food, fricton with my mom, and being dragged to every large shopping mall in the area that comes with every break.

I give my mom a lot of attention in my blogging, since she and I have a lot of tension, and it's the same old stuff about her not approving of anything in my life. But my dad doesn't get a lot of attention because he and I get along very well. I've really grown up to be more like him than mom, she even says so.

So this blog entry is dedicated to my Dad, since father's day is coming up!

If you ever wondered why I'm so short, it mostly comes from that side of the family. We're a bunch of short, stocky Germans. We're also all very intellectual and very eccentric. Any weird quirks come from him too.

Now my dad busts ass at this big company every day as many American fathers do, and has gotten to the point where he's thinking about leisure activities and retirement. Now some adult men like to golf, some like to drive boats around. My dad like to drive cars. Really, really fast cars.

Last fall he bought the newest model of a Corvette, and drives it around on the back country roads in Indiana. He took me for a ride in it today. He was doing, like, 60-65 on these tiny little windy roads in Brown County that are barely wide enough for two cars. He said once he found a quiet stretch of road that was straight enough, and did 120.

When we got back I got out of the car and almost fell on the ground and puked all over the place. It felt like an hour-long roller coaster ride.

I guess that's one place where we differ, I enjoyed the little car ride, but if I ever amass a large sum of money, I have no interest in buying a really fast car and driving it. I also don't know how to drive a stick.

Anyway, my dad is pretty cool. He gets me, he gets what I'm trying to do and has every bit of confidence I'll pull it off. My mom just sort of looks at both of us, and is like, "what the fuck?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home