Friday, April 28, 2006

Ode to a poopie-head police officer

Dear Mr. Police Officer who was out clocking people at midnight on a Monday night and pulled me over on my way home from a gig in Dayton:

You're a Meanie.

I know I was doing 90 in a 65, but there was no one else on the road for me to hit! And anyway, I'm extremely good at driving fast, I'm not clumsy about it. Dad taught me better than that.

And anyway, I was driving home from a shitty gig an hour and a half away that didn't pay anything, and I had to get up early the next morning for class.

I tried to cry to make you feel bad, but I was too tired to make it happen (maybe driving that tired isn't such a good idea, after all.)

Anyway, I know you knocked it down to 85 so I don't have to go to court, but it's still, like, $80 and six points on my liscense. And my car insurance is going to go way up.

Dear Mr. Police Officer, you'd better watch out, because if my friend Assia ever meets you, she said she'd throw her shoe at you.

You'd better watch out, because her shoes are very pointy.

2 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

I did that once in NC and had to go to court. But there you can plea a prayer for judgement which in my estimation meant I promised I wouldn't do that again or get caught at it for two years and they wouldn't put any points on my license just pay $100 fine, for first offense. Do they have that in Ohio?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

That totally sucks. I totally get how stressful it is to be out late and know you have to get up early the next morning. 6 points sounds like a lot. I know the cops in State College always seem to be in the wrong places at the wrong times, such as clocking people at 8:30 Sunday morning and nowhere to be found at midnight Saturday when someone is getting beaten to death at Bar Love (ironic, no?).

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home