Monday, February 06, 2006

A bitch, a burrito, a big band and a bum.

I've been very busy getting ready for my board, which is wednesday, and the Disney audition (again....) which is Friday. Being cranky, crying over dumb things. Thank goodness beau Trent is incredibly patient with me.

My big band chart was played last sunday by the Jazz Lab Band. Honestly, it lacked that "oomph", you know, that thing, that makes the chart, and all music for that matter, what it is. It sounded as if the band had gone to Chipotle together and eaten big burritos, and were then too tired to play. Oh well.

Apparently I am guilty of lacking the same intensity in my own playing. When playing a quiet piece for Jaime in my lesson saturday, he said, "Shhhhhh! Piano is not dynamic, piano is state of mind!" and started tiptoeing around. What a nut, but he's right. Bringing me a little closer to understanding what this is all about. I didn't get yelled at as much this weekend though, so I must have played well.

There was a man sleeping oustide the door to my apartment this morning. I've never seen him before in my life. He could be a bum or a friend of my next door neighbor (who is crazy like a fox and looks like jack nicholson). Regardless, Rachel and I were a little freaked out. Rachel just told me that he left right before she left for class, and the police got there too late to do anything. Things like that make me want to move out of clifton.

Our apartment also smells like gasoline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home