Monday, November 07, 2005

stop the madness!

Due to a few complaints, I will grugdingly write a new blog entry (althgough I'm really not feeling it).

Lets see, my demo came off well considering the circumstances: I had a huge pain-in-the-ass time trying to ensure everything would be unlocked that day, Steve Seifreid's computer broke, and Aaron Jacobs had to leave early. My near panic attack caused me not to play as well as I would have liked, but no complaints on the finished product.

I sent it in for the sisters in jazz competition last monday. I'll also send it in for Downbeat soon. And hopefully fine some time away from school to hustle it around the city for gigs (jazz trombone gigs.... ha!).

Anyway, that plus writing a big band chart, plus trying to keep up in music history and german has left me really really exhausted. Do you know what it feels like to be working on a big project for a couple months, and then be done with it? Yeah it's like that.

But there's no time to pause and breathe. The deadline for my big band chart is looming over my head, and I'm playing the CCM production of "Crazy for you". Tempo di Broadway, jazz hands and mass corniness. Anyway, I'll have to rehearse that vomit-inducing music from here to infinity. Or at least November 20. It feels like infinity.

I would love to work in pit orchestras for the pay and the challenging music, but while the music is challenging, it also usually SUCKS. I really can't stand musical theatre.

Thank goodness for my personal chef/masseuse/therapist/chess buddy (har har).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home