Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thank God it's almost thanksgiving break.

I am so ready to get out of this city for a few days.

Holiday fun this year will be just my parents, my aunt and me. Which means no holiday family drama. Yay!

I'm reading "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris. It leaves me rolling on the floor lauging. Actually a really nice lift after reading One Hundred Years of Solitude, and Atlas Shrugged before that.

Once you strip away the glam and dancing of the musical "Crazy for You", it's about a thirty something who still receives an allowance from his mother falling in love with an alcoholic, white trash girl from Nevada. I can't help but be baffled at how this can be mutated into a happy, idealistic love story with some sequins, dance numbers, and phrases like, "but I just want to dance! I don't care about money!" The hell you don't care about money.

I think someday I'll write a musical. It'll be awesome.

Maybe I'll set "One Hundred Years of Solitude" as a musical.

HA. I'm sure Gabriel Garcia Marquez would be thrilled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home