Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Random Stuff

So much to say! I just haven't been feeling the blog thing so much lately.

Still no word from anyone who can record me. Which pisses me the hell off. I would like to be able to send in my cd for SIJ on time.

Also I'm waiting on ONE reference that I need before I can schedule an interview to be a tutor. Time is of the essence, I'm sure spots are filling up quickly with students whose teachers/employers care enough to take ten minutes to write a reference for them.

School starts tomorrow! IF everything goes as planned, I'll be quite busy.

I'm taking:
Music History II
Big Band Arranging
German 201
Lessons
Ensembles

I made third bone in jazz ensemble and am playing in the Crazy for You pit. No complaints, any spot in ensemble was my minimum goal, and obviously I must have played trombone decently to be in the pit. And I like that musical. It's fun ^.^

No word on what combo yet, apparently the faculty are deciding that as I type this entry. I hope they put me in a good combo again this year.

Cha and I jammed yesterday! So much fun! I still like her playing even though she doesn't play anymore. She always had a swing concept very rare in most people.

My free time lately has been taken up by tromboning, chess with Trent, reading "100 years of Solitude" (I finnished Atlas Shrugged! Go me!), knitting, Starbucks freebies, and applying for jobs and auditions and crap. Oh and the occasional party. They don't exactly carry the same allure they used to, drunkeness now means "meh I'm tired I wanna go to bed."

I have quit smoking ALL thing which are smokable, as peril is imminent if I continue. I am also on a diet, as peril is also imminent if I continue to eat eggs fried in bacon fat and lots of Chipotle (I apparently have the cholesterol of a baby-boomer overweight corporate bitch).

I feel very much at peace with myself, at peace with my playing, and I feel happy with my progress in life. It is now becoming apparent to me that this summer gave me a lot of time to think about my life and see things clearly. I'm only twenty and don't know what I want from life yet, but I know what I need to be doing right now, and I know that I can.

1 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Hey remember,
I will help you organize.
if you want me too.
yay color coordination and labels
the way to go!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home