Thursday, September 01, 2005

My new skizzirt

I sewed myself a skirt today. Sewed...... myself........ a skirt. I rule.

It's made out of this fabric my Aunt Cindy bought when she was living in Africa. It was sitting in her closet for 20 years, and she didn't know what to do with it, so she gave it to me.

She also tried to pawn off a pair of sandals from Africa on me, they looked cool, but were waaaaaay uncomfortable.

The fabric is red, yellow, green and turquoise. Yes, it is hideous by some standards. I put red lace fringe underneath.

It is a very loud skirt. I think it looks like something Frida Kahlo would wear.

But I have a philosophy on sewing. If someone sews something, no matter how gaudy it may be, they have full entitlement to wear it with pride, because sewing is a rare talent these days. If you can sew it yourself, it is automatically cool.

1 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

you should post a picture.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home